Sunday, July 19, 2009

Camera Crisis Averted

I got one last picture at the beach on Friday with my phone after my camera died. I took it back to Will's and charged it up for the wedding. We got all done up, Amara lent me one of her dresses and we headed downtown. About 10 minutes before the ceremony was to start Brett called to say the bartender was MIA and they needed ice. We stopped at the closest 7-11 and bought fifteen 7-lb bags of ice, which made us late. We caught the bride walking into the building as we pulled up!




As soon as I tried to take pictures of Cy, Brett, Will, Vanessa and I (the old MTV crew) I realized my camera had totally died, not just battery-wise. Luckily there were half a dozen professional photographers, although the pix might take a while to trickle down to me. So for now you just get a few videos and a written description...it was a beautiful wedding in a big. downtown LA loft. We had BBQ ribs for dinner and I am praying that one of the photogs got a pic of Vanessa in her wedding gown chowing down on a rib or two. It was so fun to be back with all my besties from MTV - we used to spend 80 hours a week together and it's been hard to be apart for the past few months.



A few of us met up for a beer on the Santa Monica pier this afternoon after Will and I stopped at Costco for me to get a new camera and him to grab a few things for his new place.

Logan the 6 year old photographer genius captures us following the LAPD ghetto bird in the sky

I was happy I have absolutely no room in my bags to buy anything other than a tiny little Panasonic, otherwise I would have gotten a 20-pack of socks, a set of four foot tall vases and a food processor or any of the other things I am really needing in my life. Anyways, the new camera is a dream and it was even charged enough straight out of the box for me to take a few (like 95) pictures at the pier. I used to run here occasionally, but had never been as a tourist, so it was fun to stop traffic to take silly pictures of hazy skies and tiny roller coasters.




1 comment:

  1. soooooo LA! She looks beautiful, what a perfectly typical moment of you two that second vid captures haha

    ReplyDelete